POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Superb radiosity : Superb radiosity Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Superb radiosity
From: Warp
Date: 12 Oct 2001 15:54:35
Message: <3bc74a7a@news.povray.org>
I was really irritated because my radiosity was just not working like I
wanted. If illuminated parts looked ok, then shadowed parts were virtually
black. If shadows look ok, then illuminated parts are virtually white...

  But I decided to not give up. I would not let this stupid program stop me
from doing what I want. I am the master of the program, not the slave. I will
not tolerate insubordination. I would make povray do what I want even if I
had to force it... ;)

  At last I got it. I like how it came up. And it isn't slow either: It took
about 20 minutes to render with my Athlon (+a0.1).

  Yes, there is just one light source at the corner of the room. All the rest
of the illumination comes from radiosity!
  The second image is the exact same scene but with radiosity turned off to
show what does the radiosity really add to the image.

  Radiosity hint of the day:
  Are you getting too dark shadows and too bright illuminated parts when
using light sources and radiosity? Try lowering the #default diffuse and
increasing the radiosity brightness. Keep global ambient_light at 0 (or very
close).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'radtest.jpg' (44 KB) Download 'radtest_norad.jpg' (28 KB)

Preview of image 'radtest.jpg'
radtest.jpg

Preview of image 'radtest_norad.jpg'
radtest_norad.jpg